Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Results - 2nd Place!

Yup, that's right. I placed second in my age division. They don't have everyone's age listed so I don't know if there were more then two or not. I'm going to think there were and leave it at that. My official time was 1:37:22, way ahead of my 1:50 projection. I'm so proud of that! I won't tell you how far behind #1 I was because it doesn't matter. Now I know what I am capable of and have a better idea of what time I should be shooting for in the future. My friend Casey A. finished second overall and way ahead of me. This was not a big race but to me it might as well have been the Olympics.

Wednesday I'm going to participate in a mini sprint tri with my friend Kate H. so she can get her feet wet in a small environment. She's just learning how to swim and this should be great practice for her. I'll post our results when I have them.

For now, I'm signing off. It's been fun keeping this journal of my training. When I go back and read it years from now I will most likely laugh at how naive I sounded. But we learn and grow and that's what life is about. I'll post when I have results from other races. So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment