Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Saturday, August 15, 2015

I'm Not Alone!!

It's easy to feel like you are the only one battling through issues but I learned recently of another athlete in our area who has Rheumatoid Arthritis and is not letting it stand in his way. While the majority of RA warriors are women it does strike men as well. Most think of arthritis as an old person's disease however RA actually strikes most often in the 20's and 30's. This athlete was hit at the age of 17.

Let me tell you, he is amazing! I've watched him run for years and thought how smooth he was. He makes it look effortless yet all the while he's been fighting through the pain, fatigue, and swollen joints. He's a private man and doesn't share his story with many but when I asked him about it he showed me his hands. Unmistakable.

His philosophy is simple. "Someday I may not be able to do this, but today is not that day."

I'm humbled.




No comments:

Post a Comment