Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New Year, New Focus

With a new year starting I'm going to focus on having fun. I'm not going to try of a new PR in anything and not going to worry about finishing last. In fact, I fully expect to finish last a few times this year. But I'm going to have fun doing it.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to work hard. I know that being in some kind of shape makes you feel a lot better at the end of an event. I will still try my best but if I can't enjoy the day then it's not worth doing. Not at this point in my life. So I'm looking for events that give unusual swag or neat finisher medals. Unique locations and fun themes are what I'm looking for. Challenging but not excruciating, that's for me.

That's why I'm gearing up to do the TLC Groundhog Run 10K again this year. It's a totally underground run under Kansas City that benefits children with disabilities. As if that's not reason enough to do the race, I'll also be using that race to do some fund raising for the Arthritis National Research Foundation. Check out my donation page at: http://racingforacure.org/team/patty-knoll
Not nearly enough money is available for research into RA and finding a cure, or even new medications that control this chronic disease. We need better drugs that fight RA without the major side-affects caused by present treatments. It is my small way of fighting against RA. Please consider making a donation to this cause.

With only a few weeks until the run I will need to get on the treadmill and put in a few more miles. My event calendar is filling up for the year and I can't wait to get started. Happy New Year everyone, and let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment