Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm a Turtle

I plod along, take a break now and then, but eventually get to my destination. That pretty much describes my 3.5 mile run last evening.

The temperature was in the high 80s when I set out but I can't blame everything on the weather. It was hot but not so hot that it was dangerous. I held to a slow steady pace for the first 1.75 miles. Then I had to take a break. I slowed to a jog that would make a snail proud, but that didn't help me recover enough. I had to walk. Well, I didn't HAVE to walk, I let myself walk. And that's OK. Because I've found that if I let myself recover when I start to run again I run faster then if I had tried to slog through it at a very slow jog. But the idea is to get to where I don't have to take that walking break at all. I'm there, just right at that point, but I need to stretch that point out farther.

Today is going to be a busy day at work so the rest day is coming at the right time. Tomorrow it's a swim and bike ride. I'm looking forward to that. Unless it's really windy. Where I live the odds are it will be windy. Rats.

No comments:

Post a Comment