Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Super Scheduler

That's what it takes to find the time to workout. Yesterday was a perfect example. My plan called for a swim and a run. My work called for a meeting right in the middle of my workout time. Super Scheduler to the rescue!

Lap swimming opens at 6:00 and my meeting started at 6:30. No problem. Jump right in the pool, do a quick (as quick as it gets) 500 meters,  do a quick change into my running gear and high tail it to the meeting. It was a meeting for those of us working at the regional track meet in a few days. I was a few minutes late but they were still eating supper so no big deal. Since it was a meeting at the track I just hung around afterwords and did a nice paced 1 mile. I was supposed to do two but I'll admit I was trying to show off a little and ran too fast to keep it up. But that was a nice looking mile, at least for me.

That's what training takes. You have to be flexible and willing to workout at odd times. Combining my work schedule, my husbands schedule, my grand kid's schedule, and life in general is not easy. It takes creative thinking, a little juggling, a lot of prioritizing, and some luck, but it can be done. I have no idea how people train for really big events and not get snowed under with day to day living. My hat's off to them! But for today, I'm Super Scheduler!

No comments:

Post a Comment