Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Motivation Missing

I'll admit it. I'm lacking motivation right now. My training schedule is not beyond my abilities but I somehow manage to sabotage myself at least once or twice a week. I'm still getting 3 to 4 workouts in but not the 5 that the plan calls for.

Yesterday I was to do a run and a swim. I don't like doing the run first because it really makes the swim difficult. But if I waited until after my swim I would be really late for supper. I chose to not run and go home instead.

On the plus side my swim was really good. I timed the first 400 meters and it was the fastest to date. I did another 450 meters at a relaxed pace and they too were faster then my top speed last year. But I just couldn't make myself turn for the running track instead of my car.

I felt like I was letting myself down. But at the same time, I realize that if a run wasn't in me I would really be disappointed in the results. My run today was 4 mile and I kept a good pace for the first 2 miles and the 4th miles wasn't too bad either.

But life is going to get in the way the rest of the week. I will be playing Grandma with two of my grandchildren for the rest of the week. I have one more week of work until I'm done for the summer. Then I promise to follow my plan a little better. At least I have good intentions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment