Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Change Is Good

Overcome, Improvise, Adapt. I'm adopting the Marine motto and applying it to my training. The schedule called for a bike ride but the YMCA has lap swim at 5:30 today so, presto change-o, switch it up. But then I walked outside after work and what a beautiful day in the neighborhood! No wind! Which is a big thing in western Kansas. So, presto change-o, switch back to a bike ride. Swimming tomorrow isn't until 7:30 but with Hubby working late that shouldn't be a problem. (I hope.)

I actually kept my heart rate in the right range, or at least I think I did. Did 10 easy miles and rode into town to the bike store for a rear view mirror. Still not comfortable driving in the city, but getting better.

Tomorrow is swimming for sure. I promise.


2 comments: