Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Double Up Day

Today was the first double up day, swimming and running. Let me tell you running in a wet suit is not that fun. Thankfully it was nice and warm out today but I can see that might be a problem on a cool morning. Come to think of it, swimming on a cool morning might not be too fun either. Hmmmmm.

I'm trying to double up on the distance recommended but keep the rest intervals the same so today I swam 500 meters but rested after each 50. On the run I did six sets of intervals instead of two. I know they are taking it from the beginning but I think I can push those numbers a little and be alright. But the heart rate training and intervals are what I need.

Speaking of heart rate, I forgot my monitor strap. I really need to get myself together. Tomorrow is a rest day. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment