Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I mentioned Team 4F earlier and feel that group needs more attention. The four "F"s stand for Friends, Fellowship, Fitness, and Fun. That about sums it up. We're a diverse group that includes all fitness and ability levels (thank goodness, I wouldn't be allowed in most other "running clubs"). Most run or cycle, a few do everything under the sun. Some are amazing athletes, others are weekend worriers. We mostly provide encouragement and support and advice when we can. It's a great way to find out about races in the area or hook up with a few others for a ride or a run.

It's with those Team 4F members in mind that I did my run this morning. This is the last week leading up to a major milestone for several members, the Oklahoma City Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. Running that distance does not interest me at all. But then again, doing a Triathlon doesn't interest some of them either. That's what makes Team 4F such a great group, we appreciate the effort of any of our members and applaud their accomplishments big or small.

My run went well and compared to the last run it was better all the way around, heart rate included. I survived my first week of tri-training in pretty good shape. Next week gets a little more difficult. Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment