Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Full Day. Aren't They All?!

The first thing I read when I was thinking of going for a triathlon was that your family had to be on board and you should train on YOUR time, not theirs. Good advice for life, not just those in training. I'm managing to train when my Hubby is at work so he doesn't even notice, but the other things around the house, like the lawn and laundry, oh, and dinner, he might take note of if neglected. That's what is keeping me hopping and as the workouts get longer it will become more of an issue.

Today involved a 14.4 mile bike ride in just over an hour and a quick mow of the grass. Follow this up with a trip to the BBQ joint for supper and I can see how my next two months are going to look. Time management will be critical. Between a full time job, a part time job, and training I hope I can keep up. I'm lucky I'm off work for the last three weeks of training so that will help. I just hope I keep it together until then.

By the way, the ride was not bad at all. My heart rate stayed fairly low and even and my speed was OK. Tomorrow is a swimming day. Ah the smell of chlorine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment