Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crazy Weather

Today was down right chilly. The high was 59 degrees with overcast skies and a chance for rain. That's a far cry from our normal 90 degrees and clear skies. Any rain would be appreciated but the air was too cool for me to run after my swim. I'm crazy, not stupid. I could have run on the treadmill but that just doesn't seem right in the summer time.

So I swam and finished 1000 meters with a little problem. The first 400 was in 10:17 so I'm really happy with that. The problem you ask? Well, my goggles keep fogging up at around the 700 meter mark and by the end of my session today I was swimming blind. I had heard whispers about spitting in your lenses but I didn't want to do that if they were just pulling my leg. But after posting the question to my Running Friends group I got a resounding answer. SPIT! Who knew? So now if I spit in my goggle and someone looks at me funny I can let them in on the scoop.

Tomorrow Yolanda R. is going to drive up and meet Claudia B. and I for a bike ride. I hope the wind stays down and we have some fun on our ride instead of surviving an ordeal. I think her speed is comparable to mine, but she has so much endurance. We'll see what happens.

As for the weather, it's supposed to be in the 90s next week. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment