Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Triathlon Song

Today is a rest day before the Big Pool Triathlon. I'm not scared or nervous like I was last year. Now I know what to expect. And I know what to expect out of myself. I think I'll do fine. I hope to better last years time a little and finish with a thumbs up and a smile. Just finishing is winning!

I didn't train as long as last year but I'm farther ahead in my abilities, especially on the run. This was only an 8 week program and I did miss more workouts then I should have, but I don't regret any part of the past 2 months. I did what I could when I could and that's all I can ask from myself.

The excitement level isn't the same this year either. I'm looking at this as more of just another race instead of a mile stone accomplishment. But it is an accomplishment and I shouldn't lose sight of that fact. Tomorrow I'll be swimming 400 meters, biking 12.5 miles, and the running a 5K. I'm pretty darn proud of that.

But today as I have a little time on my hands, I decided to have some fun. A tune started running through my head so I put some words to it, added a few pictures and put together a short video. So for your enjoyment, I present, "The Triathlon Song".

See you all after the race!

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if that was you singing, how cool!!!! I am so proud of you and YOU should be proud of YOU!

    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete