Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stronger Every Day

Today was a brick ride/run. I was not optimistic about getting it done because when I went to bed the wind was blowing at about 28 mph. It had been blowing all day and didn't show signs of stopping. But when I awoke it was quite. Almost dead calm. Woo Hoo!

I sprung out of bed, or what passes for springing at my age, and hurried through my Cheerios and chocolate milk. A few pumps of air in my tires and I was on the road. The ride went smooth and I tried to push myself on the uphill parts. My thighs are not happy with me for that but they will get over it and be stronger for it.

I started out on the run and had to walk way too soon. But with intervals and my watch keeping me on track I finished with a decent pace despite all the walking. No one said it had to be pretty, just cross the finish line however you can. 

Early morning rides and runs are the best. The day is just starting and the air is still a little cool. I'm making progress and getting stronger. At least I think I am. Doing an event is fun, but the journey to get there is what makes a better person. Lord, make me the best person I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment