Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's a Really Big Pool

It's hot out today. I mean really hot. Like 110 degrees hot with a 25 mph south wind. Not the kind of day the Chamber of Commerce puts on a post card but the kind of day we have more of then we want. The best place to be on a day like today is in the pool, and we happen to have one of the biggest right here in my town.

The Big Pool lane swim area.
The "Big Pool" is, well, big. Really big. Built by local citizens back in the 20s they got a little carried away and didn't know when to stop digging. Now the 50 meter lap swim portion with 8 lanes doesn't even come close to taking up a lot of space. The new filtration system is working beautifully and the water was clear but cold. It takes a little while for the sun to heat up 2.2 million gallons of water.

I swam slowly just to get a feel for the distance. It's easy to panic and think you are never going to get to the end after only swimming in 25 meter pools. This followed a 3.5 mile run this morning. I walked the last bit of the run because I caught up to some neighbors who I don't see often. I will always change my routine to make time for family and friends. Besides, I was pooped anyway!

If you are ever in this area stop at the Big Pool. It's big. Really big!

No comments:

Post a Comment