Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tri Practice

Last night was another Triathlon Practice put on by the local Recreation Commission. I can't express how much these sessions help with transition training and overall confidence for the upcoming race. The distances were relatively short (125 meter swim, 6 mile bike, 1 mile run) but that's fine with me. Actually, I would love to do this distance once a week just to keep fresh. It's long enough to work your body but short enough to fit into a busy schedule.

I was horrible in transition and I'm not sure why. I fumbled with my watch strap and lost time there. I also discovered that I don't like Gatorade on my bike ride. It was just too sticky sweet. It was suggested that I cut it with water so I will still get the electrolytes but not the heavy syrup taste. I may have to try that.

The temperature as we started this practice was 100 degrees. I'm crazy, not stupid, so I didn't go all out on the run but my bike ride was fine. I've been watching the forecast for Saturday and so far it's favorable with low wind and a break in the extreme heat. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's harvest time for our farm so I'm being pulled in multiple directions. Keeping the harvest crew fed and fitting in workouts is a juggling act and I've gotten pretty good at juggling. It also means that my Hubby most likely will not be at the race this year. That's OK. He'll be cheering me on from the field. But it would still be comforting to see him there to catch me at the finish line. I can't believe it's almost race day. Only one more swimming workout before the race so I'll compete with what I've got. I'll finish. The final countdown is here! 3 days till race time!


No comments:

Post a Comment