Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Run Down and Feeling A Little Better

I was dreading tonight for several reasons. First, my last run was a disaster. My heart rate was through the roof and my pace was as slow as molasses. Second, it was  hot and windy out. I waited until after supper to run to let it cool down but it was still in the high 80s with 25 mph winds when I hit the road. Third, I was scared that I would give up and let myself fail.

It is with pride that I report that I did my run and a little extra with a heart rate in the low 150s and not feeling like I was going to drop dead at the end. I felt smooth but slow. I wish I was at the level I was last spring, but I have to live with what I've got.

Most importantly, I didn't quite early or shorten the intervals. I know I'm the only one who would know, but that would start a downward spiral that would be self-defeating. I think I can face this weeks training with a little more confidence now and know that I'm doing what I can to improve. Tomorrow is a swim and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment