Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vroom Vroom

What a beautiful day for a ride! The wind was under 10 mph and the temperature was in the mid 70s. It doesn't get any better than that. The only problem on the ride was my "sit bones" were very sore from my big ride a few days ago. My pace was a little slow but I enjoyed my 16 miles for the most part.

The best part of the day was when Traci and John W showed up to fix my bike. John had helped me on Saturday and was worried about me being on the road with a less than perfect axial. I heard their Harleys coming as they rumbled down the street of the neighborhood. Apparently they like motorized cycles too. Big one! After a few lessons in how to change out the axial and some pointers on how to make my bike flow a little better they were off again, and the echo of the vroom vroom had the neighbor kid's attention once more.

Traci is setting off on an amazing adventure for the summer. She's biking across America on her bike and traveling with all her needs on the bike with her; tent, food, sleeping bag, etc. I think she's crazy but a good kind of crazy. Traci is raising money for a local charity that helps those in need. I've added a link to her blog site so others can join in the cause and keep Traci peddling.

Traci's Bike Across America Blog

I've known Traci almost all my life and can say that running and cycling have made us even better friends. I've met so many wonderful, helpful, enthusiastic, dedicated, positive, I can't think of enough adjectives, people that I can't help but be humbled. I'm more healthy in mind and body and I wouldn't change a thing. Keep moving out there! Whatever you can, whenever you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment