Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Who Turned On The Air Conditioner?

A cold front moved through the area last night and dropped the temperature into the 40's with 20 mph wind. Geez, all I wanted to do was sleep in on a Saturday morning. Sadly, my body had other plans and I was awake at the usual time. My treadmill and I got busy and did our workout in the comfort of my home. I truly am a wimp when it comes to bad weather.

That's why my hat is off to several of my Team 4F friends who braved the weather and ran in a race this morning. It was cold and windy and they laced up their shoes and hit the road. Or my friend Traci who is doing a shakedown ride in preparation for a cross country ride and was camping out last night and now had to peddle home against the wind today. I'm humbled. Not enough to give up my wimpy ways, but humbled.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I'm trying to find some time for a 10 mile ride. Being pampered sounds like more fun, but the ride will do me more good. I just hope it's warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment