Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Something You Don't See Everyday

I'm relatively new to swimming but even I know when you lap swim you stay in your lanes. Our pool only has ropes up for the first two lanes but the lines are clearly marked on the bottom of the pool. None of this explains the man who was doing his swim from side to side, across the lanes. I had to stop my swim at least 4 times to let him pass in front of me. I don't think he was a very confident swimmer and was afraid to go to the deep end, but still, that was strange. Finally as I was leaving he ventured to the far end of the pool and was hanging on to the side for dear life.

The swim was followed by a run and I'm really working to keep my heart rate under 160 but it's not easy. I'm doubling the time  recommended for the run but keeping to the intervals suggested. As the time increases this is going to be hard to maintain. When the plan calls for increasing time by 10 minutes, that will be 20 minutes for me. Yikes. But keeping the intervals and working on my heart rate are going to pay off in the end.

All in all, it was a good workout. I survived the strange swimming guy and I felt like the run was OK. So starts week three of Tri-training.

No comments:

Post a Comment