Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Bricks!

This is week 5 of my training and things really get interesting now. I will do my first "brick" workout which in this case is the ride - run workout with transition training. It also calls for 6 days of workouts in a row. I think this means I'm really in training now! Finding time without letting the rest of my life slip is going to be a challenge.

Yesterday I went for a ride and really tried to power up the hills. I managed fine for a few but not all of the inclines and ended with a pretty decent time. The course for the triathlon is rolling hills so I need to get better at that.

I guess it's time to take a deep breath and stay focused. I know I will never be fast but I want to finish this race with enough energy for a thumbs up and a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment