Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Old Friends Return!

I was walking out to the pool at the Y and I looked into the office area and saw a good friend of mine that had moved away a few years ago. She ran out to give me a big hug and tell me she is the new Aquatic Director at the pool! I am so happy she moved back to the area and I know she'll do a great job for the YMCA.

I swam 700 meters with only 10 second breaks after each 50. I'm getting there. Once I get warmed up I feel my body getting into a rhythm and relaxing in the water. I'm not fast but I will get the job done. It's still humbling when all those fast swimmers pass me by, but other than getting stronger I don't see my technique improving enough to make much of a difference. As I've read in many triathlon training guides, the swim is the swim. Just get through it without dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment