Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thunder and Lightening

Today was a run day but Mother Nature threw a kink into my plans. Thunder, lightening, and a little rain kept me inside on the treadmill. I could have waited out the storm but I didn't want to put it off. I might have given into temptation and curled up on the sofa with a glass of wine.

The run was hard since I'm trying to double the amount of intervals and my stamina is still way below where it should be. I felt good after and recovered quickly. My heart rate didn't get above 160 and although my pace seemed slow I don't really trust the calibration on my treadmill. It sure felt like I was running faster then it showed.

Anyway, I'm halfway through my 5th week of training and I'm holding my own. Back into the pool tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment