Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First Swim In My Tri Suit!

It will never catch on at the  beach, but for tri-swimming my new suit is cool! It isn't super tight (maybe I need a smaller size?) so it's not that hard to put on. It has handy pockets on the sides for supplies during the ride and run and enough support to keep the bounce to a minimum. My only problem was it sagged in the crotch when it was wet. This is most likely due to being too long in the torso. I'm fairly short waist-ed and it bunches around my middle a little. Add the weight of the water and it hangs down a little farther then I would like. But it did dry fairly quickly and was comfortable on the run. So fashionable or not, it's a keeper.

The run was pretty good. I'm still trying to double up on the distance and keep the intervals. My heart rate seems to be responding well to this training. I don't top out as high as I did in the beginning and my recovery beats per minute are dropping to where I want quickly. I still don't have the stamina that I want but I'll get there.

So, I look goofy in the pool, I look goofy when I run, but I don't care. The other night someone told me I keep looking younger all the time. Wow, that was great to hear. It makes looking goofy worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment