Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Injury Prevention is Key

If I have learned anything since I started working out it's that you need to listen to your body. The older you get the more your body talks to you. Mine said, "don't push too hard for a few days, I need to recover a little". So I listened and did a very easy 600 meter swim last night and then a slow 5K this morning. My body said "thank you for not pushing too hard today, by Monday we should be fine." My heart rate during my run stayed in the low 150s and that is just where I wanted it to be. Even though there was a 25 mph wind I was able to maintain my slow pace. I'll just have to trust the program.

My bike ride for tomorrow is being pushed until Monday so I can do a ride with a friend for her birthday. Then I'll try to get back on schedule. 6 weeks of training down, and 4 hard weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment