Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Good Luck Traci!

Today I did my workout. But that seems so insignificant compared to the odyssey my friend Traci Wentling is beginning tomorrow. She's biking across the USA without a support vehicle so she'll be carrying all her camping gear and supplies on her bike. I think she's crazy! But a good kind of crazy as she's raising money for a local charity. Please check her blog at traciwentling.wordpress.com.

Traci has been an inspiration and motivation to me for several years. We went to high school together and then drifted in different directions until running brought our paths together again. Even though she has accomplished so much more than me she never looked down on my goals or accomplishment no matter how small or ordinary. Traci has run marathons and set records in bike time trials, competed in triathlons and biked across the state too many times to count. This is actually her second cross country trip, but the first time was with a riding companion and a support vehicle.

I ask everyone to check out her blog and donate if you can. I would also ask that you keep her and all adventurers in your prayers. And please, if you see cyclists or runners on the road, be courteous and mindful of their safety. They may be a long way from home and need a kind word to keep them going. God speed, Traci. I'll see you in 3 months! I can't wait to hear all about this great country from your perspective on a bicycle seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment