Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Forget Something?

Yup. Sure did. I left the house for a ride this morning and it was beautiful, a light wind, a little cool, clear blue sky. I was just enjoying the morning and the wind in my hair....wait, the wind in my hair? I had forgotten to put on my helmet! It felt nice but I know better then to ride anywhere especially on the highway without my hard hat. I turned around and headed back the half mile to home and started again. It was still beautiful, the wind was picking up a little more, and the sky was still blue but this time, no wind in my hair. I finished my 17 mile ride and the wind had picked up to it's usual 15 mph with the high of 109 in the forecast. It's supposed to be slightly cooler on Saturday for my race, only 100 for the high. I'm more worried about the wind for the bike ride, but at least everyone has to battle the same conditions.

Yesterday I went for a swim at the Big Pool and then a walk/jog around the zoo. It was 105 out and I am crazy, not stupid. I carried my water bottle and did 1x1 intervals. My calf muscles are almost back to normal but I'm drinking what seems like gallons of water and taking calcium and potassium supplements by the handful. I do not want to get a major cramp before this weekend.

I only have one more workout on the schedule before the race. I can't believe it's almost hear and that I've stuck to the program. So far I've only missed 2 days of workouts for the past 11 weeks. I need to quite thinking of this as the end, but the start of the next phase. Claudia want's me to do a Tri with her in September and there are a few Mini Tri's in the area over the summer that look interesting. So even though this may be the end of my training program, it's not the end of my workouts. We'll see how I feel after Saturday if I want to pursue this sport farther.

But for now, I'm going to enjoy a few easy days, keep hydrated, over think the transitions, and calculate and recalculate my expected times again and again and again. Only 4 days to go. I hope I don't forget anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment