Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hoof It To Health

Today was a local 5K and I wanted to give it another try. I'm happy to report that I felt much better on the run and even finished with a kick. My time is still slow but was the best time so far this year. Can't ask for much more then that. But man oh man those fast guys can fly!

Tomorrow I'm going for a ride then a walk to finish out week 7 of my training. It's been a challenge but I've only missed two workouts so far. I'm also finding out that many who said they would also do the Big Pool Triathlon are finding other things to do instead. I was hoping to have a few friends on the road and in the pool for a little moral support but I think I'll be all alone. I do know one neighbor who is going to be the running part of a team but that's not quite the same thing. Oh well. Schedules change and life gets in the way. I have to remember that my time table is not everyone's time table.

After the race then a day babysitting my grandson I'm tired, but we are going out to celebrate my good run, and a friends birthday. Tomorrow it's cycle time!

No comments:

Post a Comment