Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Where Did All These People Come From?

Tonight's swim was more like a stampede. When I got there four people were in the pool. By the time I finished 600 meters there were almost 15, with several standing on the side waiting to get in. This included several kids who couldn't swim the entire length so needed to be on the edge so they could hang on the side when they got tired. The wake was really choppy and you really had to watch what was going on. I guess it was good practice for a tri with lots of people in the pool at the same time but it made me cut my swim short by a few laps so others could get in. This is the first time it's been that crowded.

I also got another strange reaction to my triathlon effort. The director at the Y is a friend of my daughter and I've known her for years. The Y sponsored the race I ran last weekend and she asked me how I felt and told me I did well. Then she asked if I was doing the run part of the tri as a team member. When I told her that I was going to do it all myself she looked shocked. I mean really, do I look that out of shape or non-athletic in some way? I just smiled and started my swim. It will be fun to see her face when I finish in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment