Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rest Day, Sort Of

I moved my rest day to Saturday and ran yesterday just so things would fit better into my schedule. It was the longest run in a while for me and my legs feel it a little. I managed 4.85 miles with 8/1 intervals in 54 minutes. Not a speedster by any means, but felt pretty good through it all. My heart rate stayed in the low 150's and my breathing was controlled and even. The pace is still too slow for my liking but maybe I'll work on building the speed up with the triathlon is over.

I'm looking forward to my rest day because I get to spend the day with my grandson. It rained last night so I won't be taking lunch to the field for harvest. I don't know how I would have found time to train if I was still working my regular job right now. My hat is off to those who manage to fit their workouts into their schedule AND work a job, AND run after kids, AND keep up with the day to day things around the house. Maybe that's why you see so many 40 and 50 year olds at these events. Their kids are grown and they have a little more time on their hands. Just a thought.

Tomorrow I plan a 20 mile bike ride and that will complete week 9 of my workout schedule. I can't believe the race is 2 weeks from today. I'm so excited and nervous that I just wish it would hurry up and get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment