Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

I was riding this morning and thinking I have the most wonderful husband and father to my children. He has been so supportive of my running and now my triathlon training. I read somewhere when I was thinking about this project that the first thing one needed to do was talk to your significant other. Without their support it would make the training almost impossible. My husband has been wonderful throughout these past 2 months. As the training has gotten harder and the workouts longer he's been more than understanding. I couldn't ask for more then that. (Just don't tell him how much my gear costs!)

Nine weeks of training are behind me with one hard week ahead. My 20 mile ride this morning was interesting. I tried some new roads and I hit a lot of dead ends in that neighborhood. The advantage was it had lots of hills to practice climbing. The disadvantages were I didn't know the roads and one mean dog that thought I was pretty fun to chase.

We should be done with harvest this week and I am looking forward to some rest time. It seems like I always need a nap! Week 10, here I come. Turtle Power!



No comments:

Post a Comment