Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Too Darn Hot!

This week's workouts are all jumbled up for various reasons so today was going to be a long 50 minute run with 7/1 run/walk intervals. That doesn't sound too bad, unless you miss-judge the temperature and try it in 90+ degree heat. I swear when I looked at the weather station the temperature was dropping, but I was wrong.

Needless to say, I didn't get much running done. After the second set I was pooped. I managed to run in little spurts after that but it ended up mostly being a walk in the heat. I was too impatient and didn't want to wait until this evening to run. Last time I did an evening run I had major leg cramps in both legs in the middle of the night. Whether that was a factor in the cramps or not I don't know, but why risk it.

Tomorrow is my last day at work for the summer and most likely the first day of harvest. That means even though it's a rest day from training I won't be doing much resting. At least from now on I can run in the morning when it's cool. Ahhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment