Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Last Workout Before The Race

As I color in the last workout square of my training schedule I feel a calm wash over me. I've done it. I've completed 11 weeks of training and followed the program, often doing more then called for, and only missed 2 days of workouts. If nothing else, I've proven to myself that I can do the work and put in the time. Pretty darn proud of that no matter what happens on Saturday.

Today's workout called for a swim and run but I threw a ride in to make it complete. I went to the Y because I wanted to do this in the morning so it would be like the race. A 300 meter swim, 5.15 mile ride, and a 1.5 mile run to finish in style. I felt really good throughout everything. The swim is much stronger then when I started back in April and the ride was interesting since it was through town with lots of stop lights and signs, dips and brick streets, and lots of cars and trucks. I didn't push the run and made sure I walked enough at the beginning to keep my legs from cramping. It felt good. I can do this!

Now I get to relax for a little while and pack and repack my tri bags at least a million times. I'll check my bike over and worry that I've forgotten something right up until the time that I can't do anything about it anyway. As for race strategy? Simple. Finish upright, without the aid of Emergency Medical Services!

No comments:

Post a Comment