Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Pain Is Not A Good Thing

It's easy to listen to my body today. It's screaming at me right now. My calves are so tight and sore I can barely stand. I developed cramps during my tri practice on Thursday and the resulting pain is not going away. I managed a 5.5 mile run this morning, running intervals of course, and felt OK once I got loosened up. But as the day wares on the pain is getting worse and worse. My kingdom for a good massage!

With one week until my big race I'm worried about this pain. I'm going riding with the girls tomorrow morning so I hope that loosens my leg muscles and doesn't do any damage. I may have to rethink my workouts this week to let my legs heal a little. I can't believe how sore they are!

Wow, one week to go until my race. I have so many people giving me encouragement it's unbelievable. I don't want to let them, or myself, down. It's time to channel my turtle power and keep focused. One week. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment