Training for a triathlon and fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis can take a lot out of a body. I need all the positive vibes you can send!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Lady Does It All

Claudia
I can't believe I'm preparing for a triathlon and still feel like a slacker. I can thank Claudia B. for that. She is determined to go farther and faster and has set her sights on the Red Man Half Iron Triathlon this fall.

But that's not all she's up to these days. This spring she ran in the Oklahoma Memorial Half Marathon and just finished the Bike Across Kansas this past weekend. So to rest up from that she does a few laps at the pool and heads to El Dorado for an Olympic distance Triathlon. Holy Cow!

Trying out a new wet suit.
Claudia is a runner at heart and getting very strong on her bike. Swimming is her weak event but she still cuts pretty nicely through the water. I'm glad I can draw inspiration from her and feel that push I need to set my sights higher. Good Luck Claudia! You will do awesome.

I did pretty well on my swim tonight. I felt much more comfortable with the longer distance of the 50 meter pool and was able to swim 800 meters without too much trouble. I still stop after each 100 for a few seconds but that's the way it's going to be. Tomorrow is a morning bike ride. Hope the wind cooperates!

No comments:

Post a Comment